Whenever workers are tasked with a metal fabrication job, they must think deeply about what process is likely to work best, as they need to find the most efficient and effective way to create the item required. One major consideration is what material will work best for the job. Most companies will generally consider factors like hardness, conductivity, resistance to corrosion and—of course—strength when deciding upon the best material for a particular fabrication project.
As you begin doing research into your options for metal fabrication in Umatilla County, OR, it’s important to understand what materials are out there so you walk into a task with open eyes. Here’s a closer look at some of the most common materials used in metal fabrication, including their advantages, disadvantages and ideal uses:
- Steel: Steel is one of the most popular materials used in metal fabrication, perhaps because it is so strong. The metal is generally a mix of coal, limestone and iron ore, along with other elements.
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel is extremely corrosion-resistant and has an attractive polished coating that looks like a silver mirror. This makes it a popular choice for things like cookware, appliances and collectibles, but it’s also a top choice for things like surgical instruments.
- Carbon steel: This material can be harder or softer depending on how much carbon is used in its fabrication. This makes it great for lots of projects, but one issue is that the harder it is, the less malleable it is as well.
- Copper: Copper is very popular in industrial and marine environments, mainly because it is very resistant to corrosion and very tough. At the same time, copper is also excellent at conducting electricity.
- Aluminum: The benefits of aluminum are many, but the main one is that it’s very lightweight and durable. It also conducts electricity and heat. Though it performs poorly at high temperatures, it does very well in extreme cold, which makes it a popular choice for applications in aeronautics and refrigeration.
As you seek out services for fabrication in Umatilla County, OR, you’ll need to find the best people to do the job for you. NW Metal Fabricators Inc. is certainly the best team for whatever you need related to metal fabrication. Since 1986, we have offered high-quality welding and metal fabrication services for a variety of projects, including storage bins, conveyors, gates, storage tanks and steam piping for food processing plants.
NW Metal Fabricators Inc. also boasts a large warehouse that’s fully stocked with a range of raw metals. Our unique supply means that we can do jobs more quickly and at a lower cost than our competitors. NW Metal Fabricators Inc. has more than 100 years of combined experience in the food-processing industry, but we can also take on any other fabrication jobs our customers have in mind. If you have a metal fabrication project you’d like to pursue, call us today to talk to our trusted professionals. We look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: Metal Fabrication
This post was written by Writer