Stainless steel is a material that often gets bypassed by many engineers and designers, simply because it presents a high initial cost in many applications. But the long-term dependability and durability of stainless steel cannot be overlooked—there are numerous benefits associated with working with the metal that can make that seemingly large initial investment very much worthwhile in the long run. And that durability is just one of the numerous benefits associated with the material.
So, what should you know about the benefits of stainless steel welding in Umatilla County, OR? Here are just a few of the reasons why you might consider using stainless steel in your next project:
- Recyclable: That’s right—by choosing stainless steel, you’re not just opting for a highly durable material, but also one that will have a lower environmental impact. More than 50 percent of stainless steel actually comes from other scraps from previous projects that are melted down to form new steel. This cuts down on the amount of waste generated by using it.
- Easy to work with: Stainless steel is one of the types of materials that is easiest to work with and fabricate. Really, you should only have an issue working with stainless steel if you have outdated or otherwise poorly maintained fabrication equipment. Otherwise, there will be very few issues you should have to worry about during the fabrication process.
- Corrosion resistance: One of the best attributes of stainless steel is that it is highly resistant to rust and corrosion. This is especially beneficial if the final application is going to be exposed to moisture or the elements—you want to have a part that’s not going to wear down quickly due to corrosion. This makes stainless steel quite value, and is one of the reasons why it’s such a good long-term investment for your fabrication needs.
- Value: We’ve hinted a couple times at the value stainless steel presents due to its long-term durability. Because stainless steel is relatively maintenance-free, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing your part is going to be in great condition for a long time. This is a tremendously valuable characteristic, and it should absolutely play a major role in the decision making process you go through. This long-term value is precisely why there’s a larger initial cost associated with its use.
- Heat resistance: There are a variety of stainless steel alloys and grades you can choose from. If you use high chromium and nickel alloys, you’ll benefit from a great deal of heat resistance in the metal. This makes it an ideal choice for valves, boilers, water heaters and various other types of heat exchangers or applications that will be subjected to quite a bit of heat.
These are just a few of the biggest benefits associated with stainless steel. For more information, be sure to contact the team at NW Metal Fabricators Inc. with your questions. We have considerable experience with stainless steel welding in Umatilla County, OR, and look forward to assisting with your next project!
Categorised in: Stainless Steel Welding
This post was written by Writer