Computer numerical control (or CNC) machining is beneficial to many different industries. The process of CNC machining involves using pre-programmed computer software to control machinery. CNC machining is especially useful in industries where precision is of extreme importance. In fact, good precision means the difference between life and death in some industries. Examples of CNC machining industries include aerospace, medical, transportation and many more.
There are many benefits when it comes to CNC manufacturing, including increased productivity, cost savings, increased profits and, of course, better precision. Read on to learn about the industries that benefit the most from CNC machining:
- Electronics industry: CNC manufacturing allows for the precise creation of smaller parts. This is especially important in the electronics industry. CNC machining can handle the tiny materials required to create small computer parts, which is near impossible to do by hand. Being able to create these parts precisely helps promote rapid production. CNC machining can also form electronic connections in electrical insulation, radio frequency interference shielding and more.
- Medical industry: CNC machining creates a variety of customized medical devices, including implants, orthotic devices and more. To meet the needs of patients, it’s important that these devices be created quickly and efficiently. CNC machining helps ensure this. Not only that, but CNC manufacturing also helps create the parts for important machines used in the medical industry, including MRI machines, research devices, medical instruments and more.
- Transportation industry: CNC machining helps ensure the quick and efficient production of parts used in the transportation industry, including engine parts. The process allows automotive designers to test their prototypes by creating models to exact specifications. Parts made through CNC manufacturing are built to last, which is extremely important when building vehicles. CNC machining has been used in the creation of many different types of vehicles, including freight trains, shipping vessels and passenger rails.
- Aerospace industry: The aerospace industry utilizes CNC machining because of its ability to create durable components without any faults. Just one faulty part could result in disastrous consequences. CNC manufacturing is used to create a variety of parts for the aerospace industry, including airfoils, landing gear parts, manifolds and electrical connectors.
- Gas and oil industry: There are many different machines used within the gas and oil industry, including drilling rigs. CNC machining is often used to create parts for these large machines. It’s important for these parts to fit perfectly, as parts that are even a little off in size could result in machine leaks and other issues. Oil and gas industry parts made using CNC machining include pistons, valves, drill bits and more.
As you can see, CNC machining is essential in many industries. There are numerous benefits that come with implementing CNC manufacturing to almost any business. If you’re considering CNC machining, be sure to work with a company that has years of experience in the industry.
For all your CNC machining needs, contact the experts at NW Metal Fabricators Inc. today. Take advantage of our sandblasting, metal fabrication and water jet cutting capabilities for a full-service experience!
Categorised in: Machining
This post was written by Writer