How Durable Is Powder Coating?June 26, 2018 3:04 pm Leave your thoughts
How familiar are you with powder coating? If you’ve encountered this coating process, you know it’s a top solution for a wide variety of products, but do you know why? One of the reasons is the coating’s high durability. As a local welder in Umatilla County, OR, we know firsthand how resilient powder coating can be.
Here’s a quick overview to discover more about this process and its possibilities for your products. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the team at NW Metal Fabricators Inc. for answers:
- Outdoor powders: These powder coatings are made to endure harsh exterior conditions. They can withstand rain, snow, sunlight, cold and heat. They are also designed to prevent rust. These qualities make powder coating an ideal solution for products that are regularly exposed to the outdoors. Common uses include outdoor equipment and vehicle parts.
- Indoor powders: Products that are made for interior use need durable protection, too. Indoor powders are made to resist scratching, chipping and other general daily wear. They are also less likely to fade than other solutions. A common use of indoor powder is for home appliances. With powder coating in place, appliances and other products remain attractive and appealing for longer periods of time.
- Textured powders: Did you know powder coatings can be used to create unique texturized finishes? Just as durable, these textured powders offer versatility for a wide range of products. You can create the look you want for your part or product, and still achieve great durability in the finish.
- Colored powders: Would you like your part to be green, orange or purple? The options are nearly limitless. Powder coating can be created in virtually any color. And, due to its durability, it is resistant to fading. Your product can remain attractive, with sharp coloring for years to come. You can even mix colors and textures to create unique finishes of multiple colors and patterns.
- Retreatment options: Are you concerned that your parts have already been treated? That’s not a problem. Whether the part was powder coated, wet spray painted or is covered with dirt and rust, you can freshen it with powder coating. Your local welder in Umatilla County, OR can sandblast the part to remove whatever coating was previously applied and create a new powder coating. The newly coated part will offer increased durability.
- Partial coatings: Do you need to leave a portion of the part uncoated? That’s not a problem, either. Parts can be masked off to receive powder coating on certain areas and not others. This is easily accomplished by powder coating professionals.
With so many options available, it is easy to increase the durability of your parts and products with powder coating. Contact your local welder in Umatilla County, OR for additional information. The team at NW Metal Fabricators Inc. is available to answer any questions you have or to get started on your next project. Reach out to us today—we look forward to partnering with you for success!
Categorised in: Welding Companies
This post was written by Writer