What Kinds of Items Go Through Powder Coating in Umatilla County, OR?February 27, 2018 4:08 pm Leave your thoughts
As far as finishing techniques go, powder coating is one of the most popular and versatile. It’s quickly becoming more sought after in all sorts of industries for use in a wide range of applications. Below are some common items that go through powder coating in Umatilla County, OR.
There are two ways that appliances benefit from power coating—it looks nice, and it stands up well against abrasion and corrosion:
- Refrigerators, microwaves and ovens: Powder coating appliances—including range, refrigerator and microwave surfaces and their panels and components—protects paints and coatings from extreme heat and cold. Furthermore, powder coating is tough enough to survive the regular temperature cycling of these kinds of metal appliances without suffering wear and tear, flaking or other damage.
- Washing machines and dryers: Older washers and dryers used to be put together using parts covered with porcelain enamel. However, technology has advanced in recent years, making washers and dryers more powerful than ever. They became more powerful and the strain put on porcelain enamel-coated components was too great. Today, the porcelain enamel is out and powder coating is in as the standard finishing method for washers and dryers.
- Vending machines: From office buildings to school campuses, it’s not unusual to find vending machines filled with chilled food or drinks and non-perishable packaged snacks. Since many machines are placed outside, where they are exposed to a host of environmental stresses, many vending machine manufacturers choose to finish panels and components with powder coating. Not only does the coating protect exterior varnishes, it can also increase the lifespan of the machine.
It’s pretty normal for outdoor appliances and furniture to experience rough use and be left exposed to the elements on a regular basis. True, they are built to withstand harsh conditions, but their paint jobs might not be. Here’s where powder coating comes into play:
- Farm equipment: Agricultural equipment and tractors get left out in all kinds of weather. Without powder coating to protect their surfaces, paint may chip off and machines could rust.
- Outdoor furniture: Most outdoor furniture can benefit from powder coating, including lawn chairs, patio sets, park equipment and playground setups. When a powder coating finish is applied, these types of outdoor furniture and equipment will maintain their aesthetics and avoid corrosion for years to come.
- Sports equipment: The cold rain and blazing sun is no match for powder coated sports equipment, including bicycles, golf clubs, goal posts, basketball hoops and more.
- Outdoor signs: Whether for businesses, traffic direction or warning the public, worn-out signs can cause confusion or dangerous situations. To avoid negative situations and increase the lifespan of signage, many sign makers will finish or prime their work with powder coating.
Large appliances and outdoor items are not the only things that go through powder coating in Umatilla County, OR. Industries that manufacture automotive components, electronics, office supplies, even architecture groups and builders seek out powder coating for a variety of applications. Contact NW Metal Fabricators Inc. to learn more!
Categorised in: Powder Coating
This post was written by Writer