Powder coating is one of the best ways to add durable attributes to metal. Powder coating not only provides a sleek finish that can be customized in an infinite number of ways, it also imbues the item being coated with characteristics like moisture resistance, abrasion resistance and more. For these reasons, numerous industries rely heavily on powder coating in Umatilla County, OR as part of the finishing process for their products.
Products that have benefitted firsthand from powder coating are all around us, in both commercial and residential applications. Let’s take a look at five of the top uses for powder coating and why it’s such a reliable way to finish metal for these applications:
- Automotive frames: Automobiles sustain tremendous wear over their lifetime. Not only do we put our vehicles through the wringer each and every time we hit the road with them, they also must sustain weathering and debris that can leave lasting damages to unprotected metal. Powder coating is a great way to increase the longevity of vehicle frames and protect them from the many detractors they’re exposed to.
- Patio furniture: Patio furniture weathers all elements! Rain, snow, shine or wind, your patio furniture is going to sit idly by, waiting for the next time you plop yourself onto it. To make sure you’re not sitting down on furniture that’s rusted or damaged due to weathering, powder coating is employed as a finishing step. Not only will your furniture look great, it’ll last you for more than a few years.
- Gates: Gates are meant to be aesthetic and functional, giving them all the more reason to be powder coated. A powder coating will protect the gate from showing abrasions that can come from frequent use and wear. Plus—like any other metal located outside—your gate will also be protected against rusting that might compromise its function.
- Outdoor equipment: Rakes, hoes, spades, shovels and more are endure extreme use. Powder coating in Umatilla County, OR protects them from breaking down over time. Plus, a nice powder coating finish will also prevent your tools and equipment from showing scrapes, scuffs, gouges and more that make them look lackluster and ineffective.
- Car rims: Like the frame of a car, the rims can also benefit from a powder coating treatment. More than just for durability, however, a unique powder finish can enhance the overall appeal of the car. Many auto enthusiasts invest in powder coating to create stunning visuals for their vehicles that last despite road wear.
There are numerous applications for powder coating in Umatilla County, OR even beyond what’s listed above. But, no matter what the product or its final application, powder coating affords a tremendous array of benefits wherever it’s used. Whether you’re considering weathering and age or visual sleekness and longevity, powder coating provides a solution that’s undeniably effective.
For more information about powder coating benefits or to gauge the efficacy of the process regarding your unique item or application, contact the professionals at NW Metal Fabricators Inc. today!
Categorised in: Powder Coating
This post was written by Writer